ABOUT THE LEAVES
- Opened in 1966
- Lovely, wooded 8.5 acre site in Richardson, TX (20 min. Northeast of downtown Dallas) For a photo tour, please visit:
- Accredited by The Commission for Accreditation of Christian Science Nursing Organizations/Facilities, Inc.
- Member of the Association of Organizations for Christian Science Nursing, Inc. (AOCSN), and is federally certified to provide services for Medicare as a Religious Non-Medical Health Care Institution.
- Not for profit, tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization, and contributions are tax-deductible.
Our Christian Science nursing wing exists to help. We’re always expecting healing and we are constantly looking for progress. Christian Science nurses provide skillful, practical assistance and care to individuals relying on Christian Science for healing. Care levels range from the highest skilled level to light Christian Science nursing care. Read the full scope of services at: https://www.theleaves.org/csnservices.
Creekside is an independent living program designed for earnest students of Christian Science who demonstrate active branch church participation and a desire to pursue spiritually progressive living. Creekside is a place to continue their demonstration of home and normalcy in a sheltered, structured environment, with services and activities provided. Residents will have a safe, comfortable, and affordable home, with freedom from many of the cares involved in maintaining a home of their own.
- We have 20 rooms for Christian Science nursing patients and 10 rooms to accommodate Creekside residents. Each room is lovely, comfortable, and appropriately furnished to be practical and to feel like home. For a photo tour, please visit: https://www.theleaves.org/the-grounds.
- Restaurant-quality meals & communal dining
- All utilities (gas, electric, water, sewage, in-room phone, cable TV) are included
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance
- Assistance with daily activities from residential staff
- Creekside residents have Christian Science nurse oversight; all residences connected to call system at the Christian Science nurses station
- Fully stocked Christian Science library for research and study
The Leaves provides skilled Christian Science nursing, vibrant residential living and opportunities for study and renewal in an inspired atmosphere supporting spiritual healing.
The Bylaw in The Manual of The Mother Church (Man. 49:7–16):
“Christian Science Nurse. Sect. 31. A member of The Mother Church who represents himself or herself as a Christian Science nurse shall be one who has a demonstrable knowledge of Christian Science practice, who thoroughly understands the practical wisdom necessary in a sick room, and who can take proper care of the sick…”