The Mankowski Homes is residential independent living designated for Christian Science nurses and practitioners who have been listed in the Christian Science Journal for at least 10 years and have completely or partially retired. Here you will find an inspiring, loving community of Christian Science healers, mutually supportive neighbors and an atmosphere of “comfort and quiet dignity” as specified by its founder Winifred Stuart Mankowski.
Located in Southern California, east of Los Angeles, nestled at the base of the San Gabriel mountains this secure, peaceful gated community is set on six acres with lush gardens, fruit trees, walking paths and mountain views. The single-level meticulously maintained bungalow cottages have extensive windows and private patios. Very modest rent includes all utilities except internet and cable TV.
At The Mankowski Homes you will enjoy:
- An engaging community of Christian Science “reformers”(see ’01 p.28:29) who desire not to accept a material sense of years
- A gorgeous secluded community in a college town with vibrant cultural, recreational, entertainment and restaurant offerings
- Resident directed activities, inspirational and educational presentations, outings to places of interest, and more
- Van service to church, shopping, off-property events
- Freedom from yard work and home maintenance
- Year-round sunshine and a beautiful climate
- Nearby access to public transportation
We would love to have you come for a visit! Please call or visit our website for more information. Ask about availability for a one week complimentary stay. We look forward to hearing from you!