Services at Glenmont
In addition to full Christian Science nursing care, we also provide Progressive Living. This service is for students of Christian Science who are in large measure independent but currently need freedom from everyday tasks in order to support physical healing and/or spiritual regeneration, are dedicating themselves to a regime of daily prayer, and can benefit from oversight and occasional assistance with tasks such as bathing or dressing.
Founded in 1931, Glenmont is one of the oldest and largest Christian Science nursing facilities in the world. Originally located in a mansion on the east side of Columbus, Ohio, Glenmont has occupied its current modern, light-filled facility since 1987. Glenmont’s mission is to exemplify the healing ministry of Christian Science as articulated in the Church Manual and in Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. We are dedicated to:
- Serving all those whom God sends to us to be served;
- Supporting Christian Science healing through spiritual regeneration and radical reliance on God;
- Loving our patients and staff wholly, with Christly affection, thereby fostering a spirit of home and Christian community;
- Encouraging each nurse to express his or her Christian Science nurse ministry in direct relation with God;
- Providing excellence in patient care
The facility is a Medicare/Medicaid provider and a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.