Daystar Retirement Village, a full service retirement community located in Seattle, Washington, has long been home to a community of senior students of Christian Science. Since 1987, Daystar has provided senior students of Christian Science a warm and secure retirement home supportive of their beliefs .
Daystar has a longstanding connection with Christian Science. It was initially conceived by Daystar Northwest, a non-profit charitable foundation formed by Seattle area Christian Scientists and devoted to the cause of providing retirement housing for senior Christian Scientists. Daystar is open to all faiths, but rooted in the principles of Christian Science.
At Daystar Christian Scientists enjoy a program of daily activities designed to support the ongoing practice of Christian Science, including:
- A practicing Christian Scientist who as a consultant plans and coordinates the daily CS activity program
- A Christian Science study room complete with books, CD’s, and online study tools
- Daily reading of the Bible Lesson together
- Online activities such as The Mother Church testimony meetings and Annual Meeting
- Transportation to Christian Science church services, lectures, and events
Daystar maintains close relations with Sunrise Haven, a nearby Christian Science nursing facility. Learn more about Sunrise Haven at: SunriseHaven.org
Members of the Daystar Christian Science community enjoy all the amenities and activities available to every Daystar Retirement Village resident:
- Beautiful park-like garden setting
- 110 units in 4 separate buildings
- Independent or Assisted Living
- Shopping center across the street
Daystar Northwest Foundation
The Daystar Northwest Foundation continues to play an active role in support of the Christian Science community at Daystar Retirement Village.
The Daystar Foundation’s Mission:
To promote and sustain a vibrant and caring community of Christian Scientists at Daystar Retirement Village