Lynn House of Potomac Valley
The Residences, located on the lovely grounds of Lynn House of Potomac Valley, in a quiet Virginia neighborhood, is just 15 minutes from Washington, DC and minutes away from Old Town Alexandria. This area dates back to the Revolution and is rich in the lore and culture of the times, providing a wide range of sightseeing opportunities, including museums, historical sites, and monuments. We have six private apartments each with a full bath, a beautiful Common Room, TV sitting room, a state of the art kitchen (for those snacks and treats you still love to make), and a beautiful deck overlooking manicured lawns and gardens with an abundance of native birds, deer, fox, and other woodland creatures.
Our Community provides you with the following special features:
- A warm and happy atmosphere supportive of the study of Christian Science and your on-going spiritual practice
- Up to two and 1/2 hours a day of light nursing assistance if you have that need
- Tasty, balanced meals served in an attractive dining area as well as yummy snacks, special treats and cooking projects
- Weekly housekeeping including fresh linens and personal laundry services
- Lots of metaphysical discussions, lectures, chats and the companionship of residents and staff
- Gardening space with both perennial and annual plants for you to enjoy and nurture
- A deck and two patios for your outdoor enjoyment as well as the historic Civil War park, Fort Ward, just across the street, complete with relics, walking paths, a museum and picnic areas
- Transportation to church services, shopping, cultural and seasonal events
- A vibrant and stimulating activities program with interesting discussions, regular community outings, visits from volunteers with pets to share, travel talks, crafts, and much more, including lively dialogues at the weekly Christian Science Monitor Tea where we look for healing ideas to world issues
- A state of the art library which includes a computer with Concord , internet access to Journal Sentinel Herald Online and other on-line resources; plus personal internet and telephone access in each room
Please give us a call and we will be happy to arrange a tour and a visit to see if we might have what you are seeking. If you live out of the area, we are happy to provide you with information over the telephone or by mail and arrange a visit for when you are in the area.